Outreach International Radio Fair (OIRF) is annual event organized by philanthropic organization, Outreach on the occasion of World Radio Day at Bhubaneswar. This is the biggest radio get together of India. UNESCO has described Radio Fair as one of the biggest event of World Radio Day. It happens on the occasion of World Radio Day from 12th to 14th February every year. The objective of the event is celebrating radio.
Objective of the Event:
• Celebrating Radio and World Radio Day.
• Increasing Radio listenership.
• Sensitizing broadcasters on importance of radio for public service.
• Encouraging youngsters to choose radio as career.
• Promotion and Exchange of Culture.
• Providing assistance to Community radio enthusiasts.
Who are joining the event?:
• Radio listeners from many parts of the country.
• Working Radio Jockeys, Broadcasters and technicians from different stations of India.
• Union & State Ministers, Government officials, station owners, stake holders, radio associations.
• Radio Stations from different parts of the country and abroad.
• Artists from different states to perform art, music and dance.
• Broadcasting equipment manufacturers.
• Radio Set manufacturers.
• Ham radio operators from different states.
The exhibition will include old and new radio sets, old and new radio equipment, DRM, auxiliary studio, sand art on World Radio Day theme, Philately on radio, radio repairing shop, new radio set shop, handmade radio shop and selfie zone. Simultaneously, there will be meetings, seminars and cultural programs on stage. Audience can see popular radio stars performing popular radio contents on stage. Selected radio star presenters from different radio channels of India will host the evenings.
To know more about the event you may visit http://radiofairindia.in/.